- Serious Action
MasqueSulfur has been proven to be beneficial when treating acne or rosacea. Working in a similar manner as benzoyl peroxide, sulfur kills bacteria and loosens impaction within the pores. This therapeutic masque is effective for soothing after extractions and to continue acne or rosacea therapy at home. This is also our favorite spot treatment for those pesky blemishes!
Recommended for: Combination, Dry, Normal, Oily, Sensitive
Healthy Step: Treat
GM51 (4 oz)
Sulfur Masque - BACK BAR
GM51B (16 oz)
After Cleansing. Apply masque to the face and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Remove with tepid water. Use 2-3 times a week or nightly as a spot treatment for blemishes.
- Reduces Inflammation & Oil
- I was instructed to put Serious Action Sulfur Masque Acne Medication on the deeper pimples and leave it on overnight, to break them up. I was amazed at the difference in the morning. What is it that creates this change? Sulfur is a conditioning agent that breaks up the components in the follicle that combine to form an acne lesion. Ten percent sulfur makes this product extremely effective on deeper, more painful papules.
- I am allergic to sulfa. Is it safe for me to use the Sulfur Masque? There is a lot of confusion on this issue. Sulfa drugs contain a molecule called sulfonamide which is a combination of sulfur, oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen. These drugs were considered the first antibiotics and work by inhibiting the ability of bacteria to reproduce. Allergies to sulfa drugs are common but it is the reaction to the molecule, not the sulfur. Sulfur is a chemical element in sulfa drugs, sulfites and sulfates and an essential element of life. Sulfur is found in amino acids as well as other important molecules in the body. It is not possible to be allergic to sulfur as it is critical to survival. If someone is allergic it will be either to sulfites, sulfonamides…not sulfur or sulfates.
- I am in my first trimester of pregnancy and am breaking out like crazy. I have been warned not to use benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid during my pregnancy. Is there anything in Serious Action Acne Management that would be safe and effective for me? Sulfur is safe to use during pregnancy and will help to keep the acne under control. Using the Serious Action Sulfur Masque Acne Medication two to three times a week will be helpful in keeping the oil under control and reduce inflammation.
- Is this product safe for pregnant or breastfeeding moms? Yes, this product is safe to use during pregnancy and is a great alternative to anyone sensitive to benzoyl peroxide.
- Aqua (Water)
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil
- Imidazolidinyl Urea
- Propylene Glycol
- Tetrasodium EDTA