- Serious Action
CleanserThis aloe-based 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser contains polishing beads to assure complete removal of keratinized, non-nucleated cells from the skin’s surface. In addition to killing bacteria, Exfoliant Wash subsequently reduces the amount of fatty acids manifesting in the infected follicles which leads to inflamed breakouts. Oxygenate and detoxify congested pores while assisting with healing and hydration in one easy step.
Recommended for: Dry and Normal
Healthy Step: Cleanse
GM18 (8 oz)
Use at night as a 2nd cleanse. Apply to palms and emulsify with water to create a foam. Gently massage onto the area to be cleansed, avoiding the eye area. Rinse with tepid water. Do not use on open papules or pustules. *Remove with white towels, Benzoyl Peroxide can bleach towels and sheets.
- Minimizes Pores
- Deep Clean
- Reduces Inflammation
- I have read that benzoyl peroxide causes sun sensitivities, is it okay for me to use it in the morning? Exfoliant Wash contains only 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and is removed. It is safe to use morning and night but GlyMed Plus strongly advises the use of a sunscreen on a daily basis if cleanser is used in the morning. Our recommendation for acne prone skin is Photo-Age Environmental Protection Gel 15.
- My skin becomes extremely irritated when I use this cleanser. What can I do? It is important not to over exfoliate. Use a gentle massage for one to two minutes and then remove. Alternate between every other day if daily exfoliation is too much.
- GlyMed Plus has four cleansers in the acne line. How do I decide which one is best for me? Because acne strikes both sexes and all age groups in varying levels, there is not one product or ingredient that works for everyone. GlyMed Plus has four cleansers, two that contain the powerful ingredient Salicylic Acid known for its ability to break down the oil that is the fuel that drives the acne condition. The other two cleansers contain benzoyl peroxide, an ingredient known to create an active form of oxygen where the acne impaction occurs to control bacteria. Although all four acne cleansers are effective and can be used by any acne or oily prone individual, the following will help you determine where you may begin: Inflamed or infected acne with Dry skin, we recommend: Serious Action Skin Wash Inflamed or infected acne with Oily skin, we recommend: Serious Action Sal-X Purifying Non-inflammatory acne with Dry skin, we recommend: Serious Action Exfoliant Wash Non-inflammatory acne with Oily skin, we recommend: Serious Action Exfoliating Cleanser If your skin is currently irritated and experiencing infected acne breakouts, do not use an exfoliating cleanser as it may be too aggressive.
- Is this product safe for pregnant or breastfeeding moms? While Benzoyl Peroxide can be used while pregnant, we always recommend consulting with your physician regarding recommendations.
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Aloe Vera
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Aqua (Water)
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate
- Disodium EDTA
- Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
- Polylactic Acid
- Propylene Glycol